How to correctly chose and assemble your cable grip
Cable grips are effective handling tool, which allow to secure an installation in operation or maintenance phase; therefore we draw your attention to the points mentioned below, in order for you to select the right product.
How to choose a cable grip
The intended usage domain of a cable grip is essential to determine the most appropriate model:
- Pulling electrical cables, raw cables, crane or bridge cables.
- Anchoring or support of an isolated cable.
- Anchoring of flexible or hydraulic hoses.
The choice of a cable grip must be accomplished according to the following criteria:
- Identify the outer diameter of the cable or flexible.
- Identify the outer cover material of the cable or flexible.
- Identify the external diameter of the cable or flexible.
- Identify the load to pull or support.
- Identify whether the cable grip is on the front or the middle of the cable or flexible.
- Verify the accessibility in front of the cable or flexible.
The medium: mechanical cables, electrical cables, flexibles, etc…
- The equipment shall not be damaged and shall be positioned as straight as possible during assembly
- The surface must be cleaned and degreased.
- The GATTEGNO cable pullers (excluding the lace model) slide along the support, after having compressed them.
- Once the work is done, they can be removed by simple compression.